Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Luang Namtha near China


I took a nine hour bus today from Luang Prabang to Laung Namtha. We stopped at two bus stations on the way fro lunch and a snack. The first one long ago sank too deep to be called a dive. The road was mostly paved. Saw lots of deforestation and lots of rice paddies. Suprisingly little traffic.



LN is a dusty town abuth 30 miles south of China. A lot of goods from China come in from here. Everythme a truck drives by dust blows into the internet cafe. I am staying at a guest house for $6 a night. Had dinner with two just-graduated high school students who have been travelling for several months. I think I convinced them to go hiking in Nepal.


Last night I got a tour of Luang Prabang vie Harley Davidson motorbike. we went to tow "discos" were the well off in LP go to dance.


Tomorrow I will go on a three day trek in the national park with Green Discovery. It will be all trekking.

No comments: